Policyholders' Insurance Coverage
The Policyholders' Insurance Coverage Group represents policyholders in coverage disputes with their carriers. Goldberg Kohn carefully analyzes its clients' insurance policies and aggressively advocates their coverage position in connection with disputes arising under comprehensive general liability, corporate fidelity, directors' and officers' liability, professional liability errors and omissions, employment practice liability insurance, business interruption, all risk and named peril property and casualty, and workers compensation and employers' liability policies. The firm's expertise spans the range of phases of the risk management process, including policy review and procurement, renewal issues, tender of claims, negotiation, and dispute resolution, including litigation at the trial and appellate court levels, as well as arbitration and mediation of such disputes.
Goldberg Kohn has represented manufacturers, financial institutions, individual offices and directors and boards of directors, private equity investors, general contractors, commercial real estate owners and various professionals in obtaining defense, settlement and judgment costs in connection with lawsuits against them, and for reimbursement of property damage and of loss of business income.
- Represented corporate directors seeking coverage in connection with shareholders' derivative claims.
- Represented defendants in trademark and copyright infringement lawsuits seeking defense and settlement costs pursuant to the Advertising Injury portions of general liability policies.
- Represented owner of television station in property damage and business interruption claim arising claim arising out of Hurricane Katrina.
- Represented a general contractor seeking costs of defense and reimbursement of a judgment entered due to defective construction.
- Represented property owners seeking coverage for property damage and lost income due to underground water damage and damage to computer systems.
- Represented lessor of technology equipment seeking compensation for lesee's failure to return leased equipment.
- Represented financial institution seeking defense and indemnification in connection with multiple lawsuits alleging misconduct in connection with home improvement industry.
- Represented a manufacturing company seeking coverage for workers compensation claim involving issue of sufficiency of notice to carrier.
- Represented a national law firm seeking coverage in consolidated multi-district litigation under professional liability policy for allegations of federal consumer protection statutes violations.
- Represented corporate clients seeking coverage under fidelity policies to recover embezzled funds.
- Represented an international industrial equipment manufacturer/distributor in a property claim involving in-transit damage to a large piece of industrial machinery.