Kerry Nelson is Counsel in the firm's Litigation and Labor & Employment Groups. Ms. Nelson's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation as well as employment law. Ms. Nelson has experience litigating and mediating cases in state and federal courts involving commercial contract disputes, nationwide class actions, real estate disputes, fraudulent transfer claims, enforcement of guarantees, fiduciary relationships, bankruptcy issues, and environmental claims.
Ms. Nelson's employment litigation experience includes defending employers against cases under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Fair Labor Standards Act, as well as claims involving discrimination, harassment, failure to promote, wrongful termination, and breach of employment agreement.
Ms. Nelson served as a law clerk to Judge Amy J. St. Eve of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois from 2009 to 2010.
Ms. Nelson is admitted to practice in the state courts of Illinois; the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois, Northern District of Indiana, and Western District of Michigan; and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. She received her law degree, cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law in 2007 and her B.A., cum laude, from Georgetown University in 2004. While attending Northwestern, Ms. Nelson served as an Associate Editor on the Northwestern University Law Review.
- Goldberg Kohn and Northwestern Environmental Advocacy Center Win Appeal in Lawsuit to Protect Illinois Farmland from Sand MiningMarch 15, 2017
- Goldberg Kohn Attorneys David Morrison, Kathryn Walter, Kerry Nelson and Kristen Jones Win Appeal on Discrimination CaseDecember 11, 2013
- March 13, 2012
- September 12, 2011
- Northwestern University, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- Georgetown University, B.A., cum laude, 2004
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Seventh Circuit Bar Association