Mike Manuel is a principal in the firm's Real Estate Group. He represents both institutional and entrepreneurial clients in the full range of commercial real estate transactions, including purchases and sales, leasing, mortgage and mezzanine finance, syndications, joint ventures, negotiating and closing transactions, restructuring, workouts, and bankruptcy and foreclosures.
Mr. Manuel also heads the Climate Change & Resource Conservation Group. As governments and private companies react to concerns about global scarcity of vital natural resources, the business and legal environment is changing. The Climate Change & Resource Conservation Group was formed to anticipate these changes and provide counsel in leading edge sectors such as carbon trading, renewable energy production and transmission, and clean energy finance.
While receiving his law degree from Northwestern University, he was an associate editor for the Northwestern University Law Review. Mr. Manuel sits on the board of the Chicago Access Corporation which oversees the Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV), a non-profit, quasi-governmental corporation organized to provide cable television access to Chicago residents and Chicago's not-for-profit, arts, social, political and other community organizations.
- Section 4: Dollars Available For Private Sector In Federal Stimulus But Be Mindful of Important DetailsMarch 5, 2009
- Section 3: Dollars Available For Private Sector In Federal Stimulus But Be Mindful of Important DetailsMarch 5, 2009
- Section 2: Dollars Available For Private Sector In Federal Stimulus But Be Mindful of Important DetailsMarch 5, 2009
- Section 1: Dollars Available For Private Sector In Federal Stimulus But Be Mindful of Important DetailsMarch 5, 2009
- March 5, 2009
- November 25, 2008
- May 22, 2008
- May 6, 2008Sustainable Development Law & Policy
- January 7, 2008
- November 12, 2007
- March 30, 2006
- December 1, 2002Reproduced with permission from "Real Estate Finance"
- May 1, 2002
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- February 4, 2014
- February 28, 2009
- Goldberg Kohn's Climate Change and Resource Conservation Group and Edelman's CSR and Sustainability Group Present "The Dos and Don'ts of Green Marketing"June 26, 2008
- March 1, 2008
- Northwestern University, J.D., 1988
- University of Michigan, B.S. in Natural Resources, 1983
- Board Member, Chicago Access Corporation
- Member, American Bar Association