Jim Rosenbloom is a firm founder and a principal in the Real Estate Group. He has engaged in a broad-gauged practice during his 40-year legal career, encompassing real estate, commercial finance and bankruptcy matters. His primary focus is representing institutions and investors that provide financing for real estate acquisitions, refinancings, restructurings and working capital or are active in purchasing and selling real estate assets, including whole loans or loan tranches.
Mr. Rosenbloom’s real estate transactional experience includes acquisitions and dispositions, mortgage financing and syndication, renovation and construction financings, commercial leasing, synthetic leasing, sale-leaseback transactions, construction contracting and bankruptcy. Mr. Rosenbloom has extensive experience in real estate loan restructurings, foreclosures, workouts, distressed loan sales and intercreditor issues. His commercial finance experience includes structuring secured and cash-flow loans to finance leveraged buyouts and debtors in possession, as well as complex working capital financings with real estate and personal property as collateral.
Mr. Rosenbloom is a lecturer in law at the University of Chicago Law School, where he teaches classes on commercial real estate. He was a faculty member of the Practicing Law Institute from 1994 to 1996 and has participated in numerous speaking engagements. Mr. Rosenbloom is a fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys and a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. He is also a member of the Chicago Bar Association’s Real Estate Committee and Real Estate Finance Subcommittee. Since 2006, Mr. Rosenbloom has been selected by his peers to be included in the annual edition of The Best Lawyers in America. He has also been recognized annually by the Leading Lawyers Network, Super Lawyers, and Chambers USA.
Mr. Rosenbloom is admitted to practice in Illinois. He received his law degree from the University of Chicago in 1972 and his B.A. in history, cum laude, from Yale University in 1969. He served as a law clerk to the Honorable Bernard M. Decker, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois from 1972 to 1973.
- January 13, 2014
- August 19, 2013
- May 28, 2013
- August 29, 2012
- June 8, 2012
- April 23, 2012
- Goldberg Kohn Recognized in 2011 Chambers Global and Chambers USA as a Top Law Firm in the United StatesJune 10, 2011
- June 16, 2010
- June 30, 2009
- August 11, 2006
- September 30, 1995Reproduced with permission from "The Secured Lender," published by the Commercial Finance Association, www.cfa.com
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- March 26, 2009
- Principal Jim Rosenbloom speaks at the 2nd Annual Advanced Conference on Commercial Real Estate LeasesSeptember 17-18, 2007
- September 18 - 19, 2006
- University of Chicago, J.D., 1972
- Yale University, B.A., cum laude, 1969
- Fellow, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Member, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Member, Chicago Bar Association's Real Estate Committee and Real Estate Finance Subcommittee