Jami Brodey is a principal in the firm’s Real Estate Group. She represents clients in a wide variety of real estate transactions, including mortgage and mezzanine financing, loan restructuring and workouts; acquisitions and dispositions, sale-leasebacks, and commercial leasing. Ms. Brodey has extensive experience with the financing of senior housing facilities and hotels.
Prior to pursuing a legal career, Ms. Brodey was a tax accountant in the real estate industry practice of a major accounting firm. Ms. Brodey is admitted to practice in Illinois. She received her law degree in 1998, cum laude, from Northwestern University and her B.S. in economics, cum laude, in 1993 from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Represented institutional lender in $23,000,000 mortgage financing for the acquisition and renovation of a boutique hotel in La Jolla, California, including negotiation and drafting of intercreditor agreement with the mezzanine lender for the project.
- Represented real estate investor in the acquisition and leasing of multiple office buildings in suburban Chicago.
- Represented institutional investor in numerous sale-leaseback transactions, including initial acquisition, triple-net lease, financing and subsequent disposition of properties.
- Represented institutional lender in $65,000,000 mortgage and accounts receivable financing of a portfolio of senior housing facilities.
- Representation of real estate investor in the subdivision and refinance of a shopping center in suburban Chicago.