Dimitri Karcazes, a principal in the firm’s Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Group, will be among the panelists for "Opportunity Amidst Crisis," a Financial Poise Live webinar taking place on June 23, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. CDT.
The event is an opportunity for business owners, corporate directors and officers, private equity professionals, and others seeking to learn the ins and outs of dealing with a financially distressed company – whether running one, buying one, or trying to get paid by one. The multi-media event will include audience Q&A.
Topics that will be addressed include:
- How companies and their directors and officers should conduct themselves when facing insolvency
- Strategic options available to financially distressed companies (friendly foreclosure, assignments for the benefit of creditors, Chapter 11, etc.)
- How to spot opportunities to purchase financially distressed companies and the various strategies and mechanisms available to do so
- How to structure a deal (equity vs. assets, hard vs. soft assets, going concern vs. pieces)
- The vendors’ perspective
- How the impact of COVID-19 plays into all of the above