Goldberg Kohn is proudly sponsoring the Brain Research Foundation’s 2022 Virtual Discovery Event.
The Discovery Event is an important evening that plays a pivotal role in the Brain Research Foundation’s ability to fulfill its mission to fund the nation’s most innovative neuroscience. Event proceeds support top researchers as they strive to find the treatment and eventual cures of neurological disorders and diseases that affect so many children and adults.
The event takes place Monday, Nov. 21, 2022. CLICK HERE to register.
The event honoree is Martin Nesbitt, Co-Founder, Chairman and Co-CEO of The Vistria Group, a private investment firm focused on building market leading companies in the healthcare, knowledge & learning, and financial services industries. Mr. Nesbitt currently serves on the Board of Directors of CareMetx, ForwardLine Financial, Help at Home, Media Source, Treliant, Vanta Education and is a Trustee of the University of Phoenix. He also serves on the Board of Directors of CenterPoint Energy, Chewy, Inc. and American Airlines Group. Mr. Nesbitt is a Trustee of Chicago’s Museum of Contemporary Art, a Trustee of Rush University Medical Center and serves as Chairman of the Barack Obama Foundation.
The Co-Chairs of the Discovery Event are:
- Norman Bobins, Vice Chairman of CIBC U.S. Region and Member of the CIBC Bank USA Board of Directors
- Richard A. Chaifetz, Founder, Chairman and CEO of ComPsych Corporation and Founder and Chairman of Chaifetz Group
- Kip Kirkpatrick, Founder, Chairman and Co-CEO of The Vistria, LLC
- Peter Pond, Chairman of Maximus, Inc.
- David P. Purcell, Founder and Managing Partner of Continental Advisors LLC
- Scott Serota, Former President and CEO of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
The BRF was founded and incorporated as a not-for-profit organization in 1953 by three neurologists: Dr. Frederic A. Gibbs, Dr. Ladislas J. Meduna, and Dr. Carl C. Pfeiffer, who was widely known as “the father of electro-encephalography.” The oldest neuroscience charity in the country, its mission is to accelerate discoveries of the brain by funding pioneering neuroscience research.