Phil Blackman is a Principal in the Commercial Finance Group. For more than 30 years, he has represented lenders in connection with senior and second lien, asset-based, debtor-in-possession, cash-flow and unsecured loan transactions primarily to middle market companies in a variety of industries, including the manufacturing, retail, transportation, wholesale and service industries. Phil is well-versed in all aspects of a loan’s life cycle, from structuring, origination and administration, to restructuring and workouts.
He holds the AV Preeminent® peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability.
Phil joined Goldberg Kohn in April 1988. Within the firm, he serves on the Diversity and Contingent Fee committees and is Chair of the Opinion Committee.
- $500 million cash flow term loan to a private equity backed manufacturer of airplane parts.
- $45 million international asset-based revolving loan and term loan facility to an outdoor sporting goods manufacturer.
- $17.5 million second lien term loan facility to an international service provider.
- $600 million asset-based revolving loan facility to a manufacturer of packaging products.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1987
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1984
– Political Science, highest honors
- Chicago Bar Association