Sara Sager is a Senior Attorney in the firm's Commercial Finance Group. She represents a variety of financial institutions in connection with the structuring, documentation, negotiation and closing of commercial lending transactions. Her experience includes a wide range of both asset-based and cash-flow lending transactions, including senior, second lien and mezzanine financings; split-lien transactions; acquisition financings; working capital financings; and workouts and restructurings.
In addition, she regularly works on cross-border lending transactions, primarily focusing on North America and Europe.
Prior to joining Goldberg Kohn in August 2018, Sara was in-house counsel with BMO Financial Group, where she supported the bank's corporate banking and global trade and banking groups. She also has experience practicing in the Chicago offices of two international AmLaw 100 law firms. While attending The University of Iowa College of Law, Sara was an editor on the Journal of Corporation Law.
- Represented a national bank client in connection with a $450 million multicurrency ABL credit facility provided to a multinational oil and gas company in conjunction with its emergence from bankruptcy.
- Represented client in connection with a $95 million cash flow credit facility provided to borrowers engaged directly, or indirectly through majority-owned joint ventures, in the business of serving to-go alcoholic frozen drinks.
- Represented a national bank client in connection with a $80 million ABL credit facility provided to a public company engaged in the business of coffee roasting and wholesale and distribution of coffee, tea and culinary products.
- Represented client in connection with a $125 million ABL credit facility to a global steel manufacturer.
- The University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., 2005
– high distinction
– Order of the Coif
- University of Iowa, B.A., 2002