David Morrison, a Principal in the firm's Labor & Employment Group, was one of four Chicago-based attorneys who participated in "Labor and Employment: Navigating Today's Changing Workplace," a roundtable discussion sponsored by Crain's Chicago Business. He shared his expertise on a multitude of labor and employment topics including:
- New employment law changes expected in 2018
- How the recent Weinstein case and other similar cases in the news are affecting workplace policies
- The impact of millennials on a company's approach to employee relations
- Helping clients deal with the wave of new sick leave laws
- How employers can avoid costly employment issues
In particular, Mr. Morrison talks about timely issues that he has addressed while counseling many Goldberg Kohn clients, such as the Seventh Circuit's recent decisions concerning extended leaves of absence and the ADA, and the newest wave of class action lawsuits plaguing Illinois employers: claims brought under the Illinois Biometric Privacy Act. Companies that have not addressed how these recent trends may affect their business should seek counsel as well.
To review the entire roundtable discussion, please click here.